This has been a long thought in progress and I’ve finally decided to stop being lazy and go for it! Writing random posts every day is not as satisfying as having to be regular to this precious little blog. And I’ve always wanted to write a series. So what do you guys think? This is something I will only do after taking into consideration all of your feedback. And thank you for the amazing response I’ve been getting lately. 🙂 It truly means a lot.
The story revolves around a girl who takes subreddits and discussion threads way too seriously. A millennial who lets social media influence her major life choices. I will post one episode a week. The story will stay as light as possible without too much heavy drama. But when we’re speaking of a teenage girl, there’s got to be at least a little drama, right? 😀
Is this something you might enjoy? Please let me know what you’re thoughts are. Any feedback or suggestions is much appreciated.
– The Obsessive Writer
You can break my heart,
Time and again.
Let it shatter to pieces,
And shower like the pouring rain.
Take the half,
That belonged to you then,
Scribe on it a scarlet letter-
My love for you that died unspoken.
Whether it’s love or pain,
They’re both a throb to the heart.
Whether you knew or not,
It still would have broken me apart.
An adrenaline junkie with the heart of an adventurer. She toughed it out in desert storms. Survived deadly blizzards.
But with him, the tables often turned.
With a single smile, he swept her away every day.
Hello there! 🙂
You may have just started a brand new blog, or you may have been blogging for quite some time. Congratulations on that! 🙂 It’s an amazing feeling, isn’t it? To have a voice. But what good is a voice when what you’re saying isn’t reaching the right audience?
Here are some tips to increase your stats and get the readership you desire.
- Keep it short. The longer your post is, the less likely it is to get read. Even an interested reader might get discouraged by the size of a long post.
- Tagging your post is really important. You can add tags to your post in the post-settings area. The WordPress reader is the best source of readers and tagging your post under the related topics will help the right kind of readers find you. But no more than 15 tags (including categories) otherwise your post will not appear in the reader.
- Reposting is not a crime. Think of the wordpress reader as a stream of posts. Your posts gets a mere 10 minutes in the limelight. Reposting it simply gives you a little longer.
- Interact with other bloggers. Every relationship needs some give and take. How can you expect others to read your blog, when you’ve never given them a reason to? Develop a few friendships. Like and follow new blogs. Leave a few comments. Socialising is key to improving your stats.
- Reblog at least one post every day. You might make someones day. And its a mutually beneficial practice. It get’s you your views when you don’t have ideas of your own and you’re helping out a fellow blogger by sharing their content.
- Quality over quantity. I have seen bloggers who post once a month having over 10k subscribers. So, spend the time you’re not writing, socialising on your blog. And do the occasional repost of your old posts.
- Posting at the right time. Check your stats, which day do you get your best views? What time is your best hour? Schedule your posts to be posted at times you get high traffic. Set your post up for success.
- Add visual aid. Pictures and videos supporting your content, will give it that extra spice and reel more readers in. But be sure to credit your source for the pictures if you found them online! And also personalise your blog with strategically placed widgets and a nice clean design.
- Make your blog everything you are. Don’t niche your blog way too early. Write what you feel like. People relate more to blogs that represent a real human being rather than static sites that post about the same thing all day, every day.
- Catchy titles really make a difference. Make your titles reflect the style of your blog. The title of the post is the first thing anyone is going to read. Get that right and you’re halfway there.
I hope these tips were useful. 🙂 Please leave a comment if you have any new tips or if you have any questions. Happy Blogging!
– The Obsessive Writer.
A poet’s soul,
Is neither kind nor forgiving.
We have been hardened by life,
And moulded by its strife.
These are things we are not born with, but acquire:
Eyes that reek of judgement,
Tongue bitter from the taste of truth,
And an imagination that defies gravity.
These are things we do not dread, but desire:
Nights devoid of sleep,
Passion that burns a hole through your heart,
And a mind that obeys no one.
Green ones for my head,
Blue before I go to bed,
The white one helps me see,
Yellow, keeps me buzzin like a bee.
The black one, like my soul
Has a stench so foul.
All these pills inside,
They’ve got me bleary eyed.
How much can they really do?
But make you a little less you.
It’s not about what you say,
Or the things you do
Every second you breathe
I am triggered by you.
It’s either loving or hating
There’s no in between
I can’t live with you, or without you
How can you be so nice, yet mean?
You’ve got my heart jumping ropes
You toy with my hopes
Then you sweep me off my feet
Making this circle repeat.
Heroes speak of battle scars,
Knives and bullets that seared their skin,
The blood they spilled,
And the lives they lost.
Little do they know about
The wounds that words can cause.
They don’t know of all the haters
The cowards behind masks,
And the sordid whispers they wield.
Lately, the battlegrounds have shifted
And wars are camouflaged in civilisation.