Finding that perfect little ball of fluff to take home must feel like the greatest joy in the world. And it is! 🙂 But, there are a few things I’d like to bring to your attention before you drown in a river of excitement.
- If you look at that teeny-tiny-drooling-marshmallow in your arms, it might seem like he’s as cute as a teensy button. But it isn’t for long. You cannot possibly imagine how something so small can eat SO MUCH, and more importantly POOP SO FRIGGIN’ MUCH! So get a shovel and be prepared. They go from marshmallow to giant beast in months!
- Do you fantasise about those dreamy walks you long to take with your pupper? Well, they’re all gonna come true. Except you’ll be doing it about a million times a day ‘cuz he is always gonna need a wee.
- How soft is his shiny mane? Don’t you just wanna cuddle up against that cozy fur? Well, you can do a lot of that ‘cuz it’s going to fill up your house. You don’t even want to know how much worse it can get in shedding season.
- The kisses you love now will soon turn you into a slobbery pile of mush. YUP. Imagine getting slobber over your prom dress. Ain’t so pretty, is it?
- The jumping up and down to welcome you home soon turns from cute to traumatic when he shoves you to the ground with one little hug. 😀 They’re almost ALWAYS excited.
- If you’re eating and he’s not, you’re going to have to make it through a lot of begging. A LOT.
- If you’re overwhelmed already, what will you do when you get to bath time? Shampoo everywhere. Wet dog hair everywhere. Your house is now your pupper’s pool partaaay! He will give you a bath before you’re done with his.
So yeah, getting a dog = a lot of work. But there’s something else you should know. He will be the best thing that ever happened to you. He will make your make your life so amazing that the amount of work won’t seem like much. Because you just found yourself a best friend. 🙂
Here’s a picture of my adorable, little munchkin.
He’s not very little anymore, but he is still just as adorable. 🙂