It’s very easy to let life bring you down. In my case I made my whole life about someone and all my happiness and sadness was no longer in my control. It’s easy to blame relationships or yourself and mope around. I’ve done that. I haven’t been able to write, well I could write but it would just be depressing shit so I haven’t. It took me a while to see clearly. It did not come to me suddenly. It was no miraculous epiphany. When you feel broken inside and you think you’ll never get out of this spell life has cast on you, gradually your vision clears up. Like fog lifting at day break.
Whether you’re have an amazing day or not, I’d like to remind you that scientifically there is a very huge possibility that this is the one chance you get at life. Are you really willing to waste it all over someone or something? I’ve realised that I’m not. Make your own happiness. And the first step to that is listing reasons why you should be happy. Count your blessings along with me in the comments if you’d like to. Here goes,
- I have a gorgeous, amazing, loving and extremely huggable little pup who’s just waiting for me to get out of bed every morning.
- I have the most amazing father who happens to be more than a father. He is my best friend.
- I have a blog and people, nice people. You have no idea how nice! These people visit me every day and make my life a thousand times better with their kind words. They make me feel like a writer and I am forever grateful. 🙂
- I am learning to drive and I’m kicking ass at it.
- Most importantly, thank God for Netflix. It’s like I have a thousand families and friends every day when I tune in to watch my favourite shows.
This was just a post I needed to write for myself, more than for others. But I hope it helps you in a way too. Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to smile today. It literally costs nothing! 🙂
– The Obsessive Writer