You could say a lot of things about our generation. We’ve gotten a lot of things wrong. But one thing we manage to nail every single time is to go with the hype. It’s literally a privilege to get to experience what’s trending these days!
The two greatest hits of recent times when it comes to global phenomenons are Pokemon Go and Fortnite. People who don’t even have a background in gaming have played these games. There’s no age restriction. They’re both addictive and literally everyone knows about it. I jumped on the bandwagon for both these games and it was fun while it lasted.
Pokemon go was more of a childhood reminiscence sort of thing. And Fortnite was a little bit more badass and required a higher skill level. Regardless they were both fun. Niantic (the developers) of Pokemon Go are coming out with a Harry Potter themed game and I can’t wait for it. It will be fun while it lasts too. 😀
The thing is I’m just surprised at myself. I don’t feel grateful for what I’m given very often. But I’m grateful to have been fortunate enough to enjoy these sensational things of my time. When I have kids some day I can look back and say oh yeah, Pokemon Go? I was a part of that. It feels good to have experienced what will soon be history.
As long as we are in the topic of leaving footprints in history. I will also be a part of the legacy where child rape reached its maximum height and cyber bullying became a reality. I’ve lived through shootings in schools and corrupt assholes becoming President. I can proudly tell my children that I was part of an ignorant culture that focused on self promotion instead of using their voices to address real issues.
This was just a train of thought I had. I was reminiscing video games that I phased through and I realised that society has whizzed past a lot of other things and not paid much attention to it. If a game can bring hundreds of people out with their phones to walk around hunting for Pokemon, think of all the great things that we can accomplish as a society. Maybe we don’t just download and play the latest games? Maybe we have more responsibilities than just following the recent treds. Maybe we look up from our cell phones and understand where our world is going. If we don’t voice our thoughts about our rights and wrongs, who else is going to?
– The Obsessive Writer
If you don’t know what this game is, chances are you’ve been living under a rock for the last six months.
It’s essentially a first person shooter game that has an online mode called “Battle Royale”. And get this, it’s FREE.
I was never a fan of online games. I believed that they were inconsistent and that playing offline campaigns peacefully on the comfort of my playstation was far better. This game shattered all of that.
Right from landing in to the last minute before victory, it is action packed. A hundred players are thrown into a map from the battle bus to fight each other until only one remains. Besides that you’ve got to keep your eye out for the storm. As long as you stay within the circle and out of the range of the storm you’re safe. This forces players to meet and engage in some action. It’s got supply drops and treasure chests and honestly, so many Easter eggs that keep popping up. Even the old players are still on the edge of their seats waiting for the next surprise.
The game is beautiful. You’d not expect a new title to look this amazing. That too, a FREE title. I honestly just play games like uncharted and enjoy the story line. I stumbled onto this game when I was watching some gameplays on YouTube. I am so glad that I did. Truth be told I am rubbish at it. 😀 But it’s a lot of fun.
I don’t really do game reviews but if I were, this game gets a solid 8/10. Check it out if you’re into stuff like this. And leave a comment below if you enjoyed it. 🙂
– The Obsessive Writer
P.S. If you want to hear more about my Fortnite adventures please let me know in the comments below and I’ll write about it from time to time and tell you the things I’ve learnt.
I don’t really know if gaming is a thing that writers normally do. But drop a comment below if you’re a fellow video gamer. 🙂
I play on the Ps4 that I got very recently and I used to play on PC before that. The Uncharted series is my favourite game.
Tell me what platform you play on like, PC or PlayStation or Xbox or even mobile games. And tell me what your favourite game is.
– The Obsessive Writer
Gone are the days we used the TV to kill boredom. Now, the only channels I ever power through are YouTube Channels. These are my favourites. If you don’t YouTube yet, you should. It’s meant for more than just music! Here it goes,
- PewDiePie – Of course the king is on my list. He has the most subscribed channel on YouTube for a reason. Hilarious and Savage. It’s impossible to not be impressed. I hope he never stops making videos.
- TmarTn – He’s a gamer! And he’s awesome at it. But what I like most about his channel is Super Cooper Sundays! He’s got a golden retriever that he vlogs with in a weekly basis. You should check it out if you love pets.
- Superwoman – Lilly Singh is the queen of sarcasm. She has made me laugh even in the darkest of days. And she will always be close to my heart. Not many people have this way of talking about the most serious of issues in a positive, fun way.
- Clare Siobhan – She is an adorable gamer who looks at gaming from a whole new perspective. She plays games like Sims 4 and tells her own stories. And her dog Evee is too cute to handle.
- Ali-A – He is Clare’s boyfriend and a really popular YouTube gamer. One of the big guns. What I love about his channel are the Pokemon Go episodes with him, Clare and Evee.
- Jacksepticeye – This guy is all kinds of crazy and you just can’t get enough of it. Check him out once and you’ll be a fan for life. 😀 He’s more than just a gamer and he’s funnier than PewDiePie.
- The Slow-Mo Guys -Literally. Everything. In slow motion. Get ready to feel insanely satisfied from their mind boggling videos. This channel is one of a kind.